Toys for Tots
We all know how fortunate some of us are because of our financial standing. That is something we can be thankful for; however, some are not so fortunate. This year, we would like to do our part in helping needy children in this times of giving.
Koryo Family Taekwondo is collecting for Toys for Tots. So if you are feeling generous or you have gifts you can spare, drop them off at the school no later than 18 Dec 2015 (Friday), and we will bring them to a Toys for Tots collection center.
From all of us at Koryo FTC.
Operation Christmas Child Box
Koryo Family Taekwondo Center always works to make a difference in the world.
This can range anywhere from helping a student become a better person through Taekwondo training to donating Christmas gifts to local organizations. This year the center is reaching out across the globe to help needy children by supporting Operation Christmas Child.
About Operation Christmas Child
To support this activity we are looking for gift box donations that include such things as:
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Toys: small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, small Etch A Sketch®, toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries), Slinky®, etc.
- Hygiene Items: toothbrush, toothpaste, mild bar soap (in a plastic bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
- Other: T-shirts, socks, ball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries)
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may write back.
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE: used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns; knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
The center is working to get all shoe box gift items by Friday, 25 Oct 2013.
What To Do
If you wish to participate, please follow the steps below:
- Shoe Box: Use empty shoe box(es) (standard size) or a small plastic container.
- Boy or Girl: Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl and the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, 10-14. Use appropriate Boy/Girl label that comes with the Operation Christmas Child brochure (download and print them). Mark the correct age category on the label and tape the label to the top of the box.
- Fill with Gifts: Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child.
- Submit Gift(s) to Koryo Family Taekwondo Center by
Friday, 25 Oct 2013, between 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm
and the center will take these gift boxes to a local drop-off point for pickup.
This less than five minute video sums up what this operation is all about.
It’s 2012! Most people are resolving to do something or to quit something. Why not start the year off with a 5K wellness run or walk?
Well if you are up to it, join others in Stockton on Saturday, 21 Jan 2012, at the St. Joseph’s 5K Fun Run/Walk for Wellness.
By the way, the proceeds to this event goes to the community. Specifically, all proceeds will benefit St. Joseph’s CareVan. St. Joseph’s CareVan Mobile Health Clinic provides health care services for over 4,000 low-income, medically underserved and vulnerable populations in Stockton. The CareVan decreases unnecessary hospitalizations including Emergency Department visits and help patients in finding “medical homes”.
OK. Aside for this noble cause, run or walk for your own wellness to get a good start on 2012.
You can register online, and the cost isn’t too much–$30 ($10 for youth under 10). On 15 Jan 2012, the price goes to $35. The event starts and finishes at 1800 North California (at St. Joseph’s Maple St. entrance).
View Larger Map
St Jude Children's Research Hospital
A million THANKS to all the students and instructors who participated in our ‘RUN for a CURE’ fundraiser at KORYO Family Taekwondo Center, and a huge THANK YOU to all their families & friends who supported them.
With your help, we raised a total of $2400 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Great job, everyone!!!
This is one way we can give back to the community, whether it is local, national, or worldwide in scope. What we give comes back to us tenfold, in some positive way or form.
This year we are looking to give aid to the Stockton community by helping the Emergency Food Bank (EFB) gain funds needed to help those less fortunate than us.
If you wish to help, please write your check out to EFB, and we will match what you donate–meaning that if you give $20, Koryo FTC will donate $20 also to match what you donate.
The last day we will collect donations is Tuesday, 29 Dec 2009. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you wish to know more about the Stockton EFB, feel free to visit their web site at http://www.stocktonfoodbank.org/about-us.htm.