This article documents the steps I took to program the Clicker Universal Garage Door Remote (model # KLIK1U) with my GeniePro Screwdrive garage door opener (model #CM7600IC/A). It covers the following:
- Tools you need to do the job
- Steps to program the remote with the garage door opener
Recently my GeniePro Screwdrive garage door remote control started failing. I know it wasn’t the battery since I have replaced it and it still fails to work.
Lately my wife has been opening the garage door for me to that point that when I leave work, she gives me 30 minutes to get home and she starts checking once the 30 minutes is up. Then as I arrive, the garage door miraculously opens, thanks to my patient and thoughtful wife.
Well, I love that the door opens without me using a remote, but I would not impose such a task on anyone. So I ordered a universal garage door opener–specifically the Clicker Universal Garage Door Remote (which I ordered through Amazon.com for about $25). It came in on time as advertised by Amazon.
To get the job done, I needed the following tools:
- Scissors — you need this to open the typical molded clear plastic used in the remote’s packaging
- Phillips screw driver — you need this to open the light cover of the garage door opener; this will expose the smart/learn button of the garage door opener
- 6 foot ladder — in order to comfortably reach the garage door opener, I used a 6-ft ladder
Basically, you need to do the following tasks in order to get this job done:
- Review the Clicker remote setup instructions
- Open the garage door opener light cover
- Push the garage door opener learn button
- Push the buttons on the remote
- Test the remote
Getting it Done!
I reviewed the setup instructions multiple times. One key thing you need to remember is that you need to determine which set of instructions you need to follow–Smart/Learn Button or DIP switch instructions.
For my case, I followed the Smart/Learn Button set of instructions.
Here’s a list of the steps I took:
- Open the light cover of the GeniePro Screwdrive garage door opener. You’ll need the 6-foot ladder and the phillips screw driver for this. This will expose the garage door opener smart/learn button.
- Slide down to open the Clicker front cover; it will expose the program button.
- Press and hold the program button until the remote LED turns ON.
- Press and release the garage door smart/learn button; the garage door opener LED will start flashing
- Press the remote button 1 six (6) times; on the sixth press, the garage door opener LED will stop flashing, but will remain lit.
- Press and release the Clicker program button. The garage door opener LED will turn off.
- The remote is now programmed for the Genie garage door opener. Press the #1 Clicker remote button to test if the garage door opens and closes. If it works, you can re-install the garage door opener light cover, and you’re done; otherwise, you may have to repeat the above steps.
I needed a new garage door opener remote. I bought the Clicker Universal Garage Door Remote (model # KLIK1U) for about $25 and it worked perfectly with my GeniePro Screwdrive garage door opener (model #CM7600IC/A).
Warning: Missing argument 1 for cwppos_show_review(), called in /home2/forlanda/public_html/wp-content/themes/flat/content-single.php on line 29 and defined in /home2/forlanda/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-product-review/includes/legacy.php on line 18