Koryo Family Taekwondo Center always works to make a difference in the world.
This can range anywhere from helping a student become a better person through Taekwondo training to donating Christmas gifts to local organizations. This year the center is reaching out across the globe to help needy children by supporting Operation Christmas Child.
About Operation Christmas Child
To support this activity we are looking for gift box donations that include such things as:
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Toys: small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, small Etch A Sketch®, toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries), Slinky®, etc.
- Hygiene Items: toothbrush, toothpaste, mild bar soap (in a plastic bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
- Other: T-shirts, socks, ball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries)
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may write back.
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE: used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns; knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
The center is working to get all shoe box gift items by Friday, 25 Oct 2013.
What To Do
If you wish to participate, please follow the steps below:
- Shoe Box: Use empty shoe box(es) (standard size) or a small plastic container.
- Boy or Girl: Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl and the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, 10-14. Use appropriate Boy/Girl label that comes with the Operation Christmas Child brochure (download and print them). Mark the correct age category on the label and tape the label to the top of the box.
- Fill with Gifts: Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child.
- Submit Gift(s) to Koryo Family Taekwondo Center by
Friday, 25 Oct 2013, between 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm
and the center will take these gift boxes to a local drop-off point for pickup.
This less than five minute video sums up what this operation is all about.
Warning: Missing argument 1 for cwppos_show_review(), called in /home2/forlanda/public_html/wp-content/themes/flat/content-single.php on line 29 and defined in /home2/forlanda/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-product-review/includes/legacy.php on line 18