I’ve meant to write about this for some time. Now is as good a time ever, especially with the recent release of Google Drive.
As of this writing, you can get several Gigabytes of cloud storage for free. Yes “FREE”. Everyone likes free, and this article will list several places where you can get anywhere from 2GB to 7GB of free space.
These sites offer free storage in the “cloud”:
There is another cloud storage solution called the Adrive which provides 50GB free. This is not a typo, it is 50GB of free storage, web interface only though with ads. There is an app for it on Android OS, but it’s not free.
- Dropbox: Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, Apple iOS (e.g. iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch), Apple Mac, Android OS
- Skydrive: Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, Apple iOS (e.g. iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch), Apple Mac
- Google drive: Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, Android OS
- Amazon cloud drive: Microsoft Windows, Apple iOS (e.g. iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch), Apple Mac, Android OS
- Apple’s iCloud: Microsoft Windows, Apple iOS (e.g. iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch), Apple Mac
Word of advice…only put files there that aren’t confidential in nature, or information you cannot afford to lose. Also backup your cloud files to a separate external USB drive. It will help ensure you aren’t caught unprepared if your cloud storage provider all of a sudden dissolves.
Are you using other cloud storage solution? If so, please share.
Warning: Missing argument 1 for cwppos_show_review(), called in /home2/forlanda/public_html/wp-content/themes/flat/content-single.php on line 29 and defined in /home2/forlanda/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-product-review/includes/legacy.php on line 18