In today’s technology rich world, there are many tools available to everyone. Yes, everyone is using it, but not to their full potential. Tools like Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube are some of the more well-known Internet tools or applications out there. You can learn them on your own by buying a book, or simply doing your own experiment by hunting and pecking at the various options there. Or you can go to a site like grovo.com and get free online computer based training.
I opt for grovo.com.
- It’s free (or you can upgrade to a premium plan, but free will serve most people’s needs)
- It’s always available and it tracks your progress.
- They have course tracks which are groups of courses designed to help you in a particular area of interest (e.g. blogging, social networking, beginning Internet, and so on)
- Include quizzes to test what you’ve learned.
- Best of all, it’s free! Oh yeah, I already mentioned that.
The courses are accessible from any computer or tablet. I didn’t notice any apps for the android or iPad, but I’m sure that isn’t very far behind.
I’m not trying to sell Grovo.com, but I like anything free. Check it out. Right now I’m in the Twitter track.
Are you using Grovo.com to improve yourself? If so, which track are you in?