A few days ago I received an email from Apple.com with their announcement of the availability of the white iPhone. Only Apple can create such a big hoopla around the availability of such an essential feature such as color.
I wouldn’t be surprised if die-hard Apple fans would line up to get a white iPhone. Some of my friends are figuring out the Apple marketing scam. They dupe their loyal and die-hard customers into buying a new iPhone through the incremental introduction of features. Here are some of the most obvious examples:
- The original iPhone didn’t have a camera facing the user. The iPhone 4 added that feature.
- The original iPhone was in silver/black color; now there is white!
- The original iPhone had its buttons located in a certain position; the new iPhone made some slight design changes, causing the buttons to move by a few millimeters–enough so that you can’t use your existing or current iPhone cases with the new iPhone 4 phones.
Here’s what I predict Apple will do to squeeze more moola from its loyal customer base. In a future release of iPhone, Apple will include or offer:
- A micro SD slot; NOT! Memory limitation or restriction is what keeps users coming back for more iPhones.
- Flash player-capable iPhone
- Standard USB interface
- A 100% silver colored iPhone.
That’s all I can think of right now. If you have other ideas to add, please post in the comments section.