The list of WordPress plugins are the bare essential you should have if you want to maximize your success at monetizing your site:
- link to URL – creates cleaner looking URLs than those long ugly affiliate links; looks like they come from your site, but it does a 301 or 302 redirect
- WP JetPack – this is an all in one plugin for tracking site statistics and other various utilities including an URL shortener (used through wp.me); also includes social networking sharing function.
- All in one SEO Pack – makes pages and postings SEO friendly by allowing you to customize the header information on your posts or pages.
- Google XML Sitemaps – makes your web site search engine crawling friendly.
- Google Analyticator – In order to determine success, you need to measure. This plugin provides that capability by making it easier to incorporate Google Analytics into your web site.
- Contact Form 7 – An easy way for your visitors to contact you without exposing your email address.
Below is a screen shot of the plugins I have for this site (the site you are on right now):
If you have suggestions on other essential WordPress plugins, please suggest it by commenting below. Thanks!