Defending yourself requires that you understand some very basic yet essential information about self-defense and the nature of self-defense.
Knowing these will help you understand the reasons for the things you do during training and help you overcome attack situations.
These are the key points to remember:
- Attacks can happen when you least expect it
- Your body will react the way it was trained
- You are a walking weapons arsenal
- There are no rules on the street when it come to protecting your life
- You only need to know minimal but effective self-defense skills to protect and evade
If you want to read more about this, feel free to download The Essence of Self-Defense.